Search This Blog

Monday, October 18, 2010

Dr. Seuss and World Music

Good Evening-

There isn't a connection between the two but saw both of these and decided to put them into the same post.

DR. SEUSS
I saw this article from Pickthebrain.com by way of Wisebread.com, "8 Must Read Lessons from Dr. Seuss."  Great article.  Takes lines from Dr. Seuss' most well known books: Green Eggs and Ham and Horton Hears a Who and puts them in the context of real life lessons.  Here are a couple of my favorites:

"2. Trouble Your Troubles


“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”


When troubles show up, you have to show up bigger. Don’t let troubles trouble you; you trouble your troubles by showing up with a “big bat!” But not literally…. You show up with a “big bat” by showing up with big courage, big faith, and big determination, if you do, you will trouble your troubles….
3. You Decide


“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.”


How simple, yet how profound! You decide where you go, only you. You are only limited by your ability to believe in the impossible.


4. It’s Up To You


“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”


No one is going to rescue you, they’re not. You have to dig yourself out of the ditch. You have to care enough; you have to be motivated enough, to change things. It’s up to you.


Things only change, when someone cares an awful lot."

Click on the title above to read the rest.

WORLD MUSIC
Periodically, I look for free music downloads for my iPod.  It's an opportunity for me to listen to new music, broaden my horizons.  Amazon.com always has various types of music available to download for free.  The ones that caught my eye tonight were world music downloads.  I just downloaded these so not sure how they are yet but if you page down on any of the links, you will see other free music from around the world.

Six Degrees Records Global Grooves Sampler
Altracao Presents: Music from Brazil
Big Sound 2009 Summit & Showcases

No comments:

Post a Comment