Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Little changes to a Room can Mean Alot

I have to stop watching renovation shows--with the number of home decor and interior renovation shows on television makes it near impossible for me to remain content with the space I live in.  Who doesn't want someone from HGTV, TLC, or these days even, ABC or NBC to come over and do a total makeover?

That is usually my wish since, I, like many other people, don't have a budget to redo a room.  I have found adding color to a room with a new coat of paint, helps.  I even tiled my own back splash in my kitchen.  These are things that you can do yourself or in the case of painting my condo, I had a couple of good Groupon deals and brought in professionals.

Something I hadn't thought of until recently, was changing out the old cabinet and drawer hardware in my kitchen or bathroom, especially with the all the different types of hardware that are out there.  A friend of mine brought this up to me and as I looked at some of the designing shows, it began to sink in.  New hardware in the kitchen or bathroom can brighten a room up like a new pair of earrings.

Even changing out hardware in your dining and living room can make enough of a difference that you feel like you have new furniture.  Some of the coolest transformations I have seen are furniture that was purchased at the thrift store.  With a coat of paint and a change of hardware, made a twenty or thirty year old dresser or credenza look contemporary.

There is a manufacturer,Sietto, in Chicago that creates glass hardware.    They start by crafting a design then cut pieces from various sheets of glass to produce that specific design.   The glass pieces are placed together and then set in a 1500 degree Fahrenheit kiln to fuse the glass together to form the finished knob or handle.  The glass is then attached by hand to a brass base with a special bonding agent.  The display board below that gives you an idea of some of the designs they create.  For their current line, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment